UPSM Schools promote a college preparatory culture. A strong achievement-oriented school culture is essential to student and staff success.
- College-ready – the standard for ALL
- Private school quality, tuition-free
- Among the smallest class sizes in the State of Michigan
- Dual enrollment at local colleges, including Wayne State University (WSU) and Henry Ford Community College (HFCC)
- Advisors who act as students’ personal advocates
- Personalized Learning Plans
- Deep and lasting student/teacher/parent relationships
- Curriculum paths focused on innovation and entrepreneurship
- Community Service with an emphasis on citizenship and leadership
UPSM believes that work habits and attitude matter.
These are the habits of work and habits of mind we teach:
HABITS OF MIND (SPECS):
Significance: Why is it important? Why should you care?
Perspective: Who says? How do the author’s experiences influence the ideas presented? What prior knowledge am I bringing to the problem?
Evidence: What argument is being made? What facts are used to support the argument? How do you know they are facts versus opinion?
Connections: How does this work connect to the real world? How has it been influenced by the past? How could it affect the future?
Supposition: How would life be different if this wasn’t true or never happened? What would happen if you changed part of the problem?
UPSM HABITS OF WORK (COSTS):